Need help about a course?
|Ask a question|
Print this page
The Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test 2009 (LAWCET 2009) will be conducted by Sri Venkateswara University (SVU), Tirupati on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). Detailed notification of the Entrance Examination will be released in the first week of January 2009
(In terms of G.O. Ms. No.26 Higher Education (U.E.II)(2)) Department, dated 24-3-2004)
The Candidates for 3 year LL.B./B.L. should have passed any Graduate Degree of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Universities concerned.
The Candidates for 5year LL.B./B.L. should have passed two year Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the University concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P.
Note : There is a relaxation of 5% of marks in the above qualifying examinations for 3year/5year Law course in favour of the Candidates belonging to SC/ST.
1. A candidate appearing for the above qualifying examinations may also take the Law Common Entrance Test in anticipation of results. In case of such students who appear for the entrance test, pending the result of the qualifying examination, their entry shall be subject to their securing eligible marks in the said qualifying examinations.
2. The applicants who have obtained 10+2 or graduation/post graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the law courses.
3. Age on admission : (a) Subject to the condition stipulated by the Govt. of A.P., on this behalf, the maximum age for seeking admission into 5year Law Degree program is limited to twenty years in case of general category of applicants and to twenty two years in case of applicants from SC, ST and other Backward communities.
(b) Subject to the condition stipulated by the Govt. of A.P., the maximum age for seeking admission into 3year Law Degree Program is limited to thirty years in case of general category of applicants and to thirty five years in case of applicant from SC, ST and other Backward Communities.
Commencement of sale of applications: 25-03-2009
Last date for sale and receipt of filled in applications by any mode: 30-04-2009 up to 5.00 p.m.
LAWCET for 3 year LL.B. course: 03-06-2009 Wednesday from 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
LAWCET for 5 year LL.B. course: 03-06-2009 Wednesday from 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
Sale of Application Forms
(A.) Application Form for the Entrance Test and Instruction Booklet can be had from the Convener, LAWCET-2009, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati – 517 502 by sending a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs.275/- (which includes cost of the application Rs.250/- + postage etc.) from any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of Secretary, APSCHE, Hyderabad, payable at Hyderabad along with a requisition letter giving full address and specifically mentioning whether it is for 5year/3year LAWCET-2009.
(B) Application forms can also be had across the counters, subject to their availability, from the following Head Post Offices in A.P. Circle and also from Sub-Post Offices in the University campuses as mentioned below on payment of only Rs.250/- Hyderabad G.P.O., Khairatabad, Stn. Kachiguda, Jubilee Hills Post Office, Tirumalagherry, Secunderabad, S.R. Nagar S.O. Hyderabad, Hanamkonda, Warangal, Nizamabad, Vikarabad, Adilabad, Manchiryal, Karimnagar, Bhadrachalam, Khammam, Kothagudem(colleries), Mahaboob Nagar, Siddipeta, Sangareddy, Nalgonda, Suryapet, Srikakulam, Bobbili, Vizianagaram, Bhimavaram, Eluru, Tadepalligudem, Visakhapatnam, Amalapuram, Kakinada, Rajahmundry, Machilipatnam, Vijayawada, Nellore, Chittoor, Tirupati, Kadapa, Kurnool, Nandyal, Anantapur, Guntur (Arundelpet), Ongole, and in Sub-Post Offices of Sri Venkateswara, Acharya Nagarjuna, Osmania, Andhra, Sri Krishna Devaraya and Kakatiya University Campuses.
(c) You can visit us at http://www.svuniversity.in/
Application can be downloaded from the given Website and the filled-in applications be submitted to the Convener, LAWCET-2009, S.V.UNIVERSITY, TIRUPATI along with a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 250/- from any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of Secretary, APSCHE, Hyderabad payable at Hyderabad.
Note: 1. If a candidate applies for 3-year Law Course on the application meant for 5-year Law Course or vice-versa, the application will be rejected.
2. The Convener shall not be in any way responsible for the postal delay or loss in transit, or exhaustion of application forms at any sales counters of Post Offices.
3. The Entrance Test is conducted for the seats for which the Government is competent to make admissions. Information relating to admissions will be notified later after the publication of results.
4. Candidates should look into instruction booklet supplied along with the application for other criteria and details.
Sri Venkateswara University
Examination Timetables and Schedules are subjected to change and are to be taken for indicative purpose only. Students are advised to contact with the University for the exact and latest examination information.
Law Topics: Administrative Law ~ Alternative Dispute Resolution ~ Company Law ~ Constitutional Law ~ Contract Law ~ Criminal Law ~ Civil Procedure ~ Environmental Law ~ Family Law ~ Human Rights ~ Industrial Law ~ Intellectual Property ~ International Law ~ Jurisprudence ~ Law of Evidence