Need help about a course?
|Home / Exams Information / Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) / KCET 2005||
Ask a question|
Print this page
1. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for registration for the Common Entrance Test 2005 for admission to first year Medical / Dental / Ayurveda / Homoeopathy / Unani / Naturopathy and Yoga / Engineering / Technology courses and Aptitude Test for admission to first year Architecture course in the professional educational institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2005-06.
2. The Common Entrance Test / Aptitude Test and performance in the qualifying examination will be the basis for admission of candidates to the above courses to Government seats in institutions affiliated to Universities in Karnataka. A student should compulsorily appear for PCM subjects in case of Engineering / Technology courses, PCB subjects in case of Medical / Dental / ISM & Homoeopathy courses in the Common Entrance Test and for Aptitude Test Part - I & II for admission to Architecture course.
3. ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY :
The applicant should,
(a) for Medical / Dental / Ayurveda / Homoeopathy / Unani / Naturopathy & Yoga courses, have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th std. or equivalent exam with PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY & BIOLOGY as optional subjects with ENGLISH as one of the languages of study and obtained at least 50% marks in the PCB group, provided that for Dental course, the candidate must also have secured 50% of marks in English language. However, SC, ST and Category - I candidates are eligible if they secure 40% in PCB with 40% in English language in the case of Dental course. For admission to these courses, the candidate should have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st of December 2005.
(b) for Engineering and Technology courses, have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th Std. or equivalent exam
with PHYSICS & MATHEMATICS along with CHEMISTRY / BIOLOGY / BIO-TECHNOLOGY / COMPUTER SCIENCE /
ELECTRONICS / INFORMATION SCIENCE as optional subjects with ENGLISH as one of the languages of study
and obtained at least 35% marks in the optional subjects.
(c) for Architecture course, have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th Std. or equivalent exam with MATHEMATICS as an optional subject and ENGLISH as one of the languages of study and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination (40% in the case of SC / ST / Category-I candidates) and should compulsorily appear for both Part – I & Part – II of the Aptitude Test, conducted by CET Cell at BANGALORE, BELGAUM, GULBARGA and MYSORE.
Note : 1) THE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE OBTAINED ADMISSION TO A PARTICULAR DISCIPLINE THROUGH THE CET CELL IN THE PREVIOUS YEARS, WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR SELECTION OF A SEAT IN THE SAME DISCIPLINE, DURING THIS YEAR.
2) THE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST – 2005 / APTITUDE TEST AND THE LATER ADMISSION PROCESS FOR GOVERNMENT SEATS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY FOR KARNATAKA CANDIDATES.* (THE DEFINITION OF KARNATAKA CANDIDATES IS GIVEN IN THE CET 2005 BROCHURE.) HENCE, NON-KARNATAKA CANDIDATES NEED NOT APPLY.
4. SUPPLY OF BROCHURE WITH APPLICATION FORM :
Brochure with application form will be supplied through the schools and colleges in which the candidate studied
or appeared for 12th std. or 2nd PUC examination upon submission of a demand draft for Rs. 550/- to the Principals
in advance, drawn in favour of “The Special Officer, CET Cell, Bangalore” payable at Bangalore and
Rs. 400/- for SC / ST / Category-1 candidates. Last date for submission of Demand Draft to the Principals of schools and colleges within Karnataka will be 03-03-2005. Application Forms and Brochures are expected to reach the respective
schools and colleges by 15-03-2005.
The repeater candidates and ex-students who have passed the qualifying examination in the State of Karnataka are also required to procure the brochure with application form through their respective schools and colleges.
The Karnataka candidates residing outside Karnataka (Horanadu, Gadinadu and other Karnataka candidates), who are
studying or who have studied 12th std. or equivalent exam and appeared for examination outside the State of Karnataka,
can procure the brochure with application form by Speed Post, by sending a self addressed cloth lined envelope of size 25 cm x 30 cm along with a demand draft for Rs. 650/- drawn in favour of “The Special Officer, CET Cell, Bangalore” payable at Bangalore” and the Karnataka candidates residing outside India can get the brochures by sending a demand draft for Rs. 2000/-. The contents on the self addressed envelope should be either in English or Kannada language only.
The cover in which the demand draft and self addressed envelope are sent should be boldly superscribed with the words “REQUEST FOR CET - 2005 BROCHURE” and should be sent to the address of the Special Officer by “SPEED POST” ONLY. The CET Cell will not take the responsibility, if the envelope is sent through courier or any other private arrangement and also for the incomplete and insufficient addresses on the envelope. Last date for submission of Demand Drafts by Speed Post to CET Cell from Karnataka candidates residing outside Karnataka (Horanadu, Gadinadu and other Karnataka candidates) will be 05-03-2005. The Karnataka candidates residing outside Karnataka can expect the Application Form and Brochure from the CET Cell by 20-03-2005.
THE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST – 2005 TIME TABLE
DATE - DAY - SUBJECT - TIMINGS
03-05-2005 TUESDAY BIOLOGY 10.30 AM – 11.50 AM
03-05-2005 TUESDAY MATHEMATICS 02.30 PM – 03.50 PM
04-05-2005 WEDNESDAY PHYSICS 10.30 AM – 11.50 AM
04-05-2005 WEDNESDAY CHEMISTRY 02.30 PM – 03.50 PM
05-05-2005 THURSDAY KANNADA LANGUAGE TEST 11.00 AM (Only for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates.)
06-05-2005 FRIDAY APTITUDE TEST – PART –1 10.30 AM – 12.30 PM
06-05-2005 FRIDAY APTITUDE TEST – PART –2 02.30 PM – 04.30 PM
* Visit Website : http://kar.nic.in/cet for details regarding various conditions to claim eligibility for Government seats.
Common Entrance Test Cell,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Bangalore - 560 003.
Phone : 080 - 23319082 Fax : 080 - 23319083
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: IGNOU MCA Course Eligibility Criteria