Need help about a course?
|Home / Exams Information |
|Ask a question|
Print this page
IIT Madras, a leader in the field of technical education, now offers a unique and innovative Five Year Integrated Masters Programme leading to M.A. degree in either of the three disciplines, viz. Development Studies, Economics and English Studies.
Examination Date: May 20, 2007 (Sunday) : 1000 – 1300 hrs.
Examination Centres: Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi
All Indian and Foreign Nationals seeking admission to the above-mentioned programme must appear in HSEE-2007. Admission is solely through HSEE-2007. The total intake is 30 in all the three disciplines put together. Allocation of seats to individual disciplines will be made at the end of the third semester.
1. Candidates who have passed (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examination or appearing in 2007 with minimum 60 % marks in aggregate [55% in case of SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PD)] are eligible.
2. If any Board awards only letter-grades, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks. In case the respective Board awards letter-grades without providing norms for converting them to equivalent percentage marks, the norms decided by HSEE-2007Committee shall be final.
3. Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1982 are eligible for HSEE-2007. However, in case of SC/ST and PD candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed by five years, i.e. SC/ST and PD candidates born on or after October 1, 1977 are eligible.
Patter of Examination
One objective type question paper of 3 hour duration in English and Comprehension skill, Analytical and Quantitative ability and General Knowledge covering the areas of Indian Economy since independence, Indian society, Contemporary World Affairs (Post-world war II) and Environment and Ecology. Syllabus for this examination is available on the website http://hsee.iitm.ac.in and will also be given in the Information Brochure of HSEE-2007.
Language of Examination
Reservation of Seats
1. 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates with relaxed qualifying norms for admission.
2. 3% for PD, including leprosy-cured candidates, who are otherwise fit to pursue the course and who qualify for admission under relaxed norms relevant for this category.
3. Reservation for OBC candidates, if any, would be communicated through newspaper advertisements/IIT Madras website as and when the government order for the same is issued.
Application Forms and Information Brochure
1. Information Brochure contains details regarding application procedure, syllabus for HSEE-2007 examination centres, details of course fees.
2. Important dates regarding Application Material:
Sale of application material commences on : 29-01-2007
Last date for Postal request for Application Material : 26-02-2007
Last date for receipt of Completed Application Form at IIT Madras : 05-03-2007
3. Cost of Application Material including Examination fee:
Rs.300/- for SC/ST and all female candidates
Rs.600/- for all other candidates
4. Application can also be obtained in person at Canara Bank, IIT Madras Branch, IIT Campus, Chennai 600036 by paying cash until 05-03-2007.
Address for correspondence
The Chairman, HSEE 2007
JEE Office, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036
Tel: 044-2257 8220
Fax: 044-2257 8224
Examination Timetables and Schedules are subjected to change and are to be taken for indicative purpose only. Students are advised to contact with the University for the exact and latest examination information.
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: IGNOU MCA Course Eligibility Criteria