Need help about a course?
Home / Exams Information / Tamil Nadu / TANCET|
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2006
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Advertisement No. 777/EA4/2006
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2006 will be conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu on 27th and 28th May, 2006 for candidates who seek admission to MBA, MCA, & ME / MTech / MArch / MPlan. Degree Programmes in Tamil Nadu for the year 2006-2007.
Application are invited for Common Entrance Test for admission to:
1. MBA, 2. MCA Degree Programmes offered by Anna University, Government Engineering Colleges, Government Aided Engineering Colleges, Government Arts & Science Colleges, Government Aided Arts & Science Colleges.
The Self- Financing Colleges (Engineering / Arts & Science / Stand alone institutions) and University may opt to admit candidates on the basis of the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test.
3. ME / MTech / MArch / MPlan Degree Programmes offered by constituent institutions of Anna University, Government Engineering Colleges and Government Aided Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
The Self-Financing Engineering Colleges may opt to admit candidates on the basis of the TANCET-2006.
Other State candidates can write the entrance test but admission is subject to the approval of the admitting authority / university.
This advertisement is for the Common Entrance Test only.
Candidates are advised to look for separate advertisement to be released by the following admitting authorities concerned for the admissions to:
1. MBA, MCA, in all Engineering Colleges / Arts & Science Colleges by the Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai-25.
2. MBA, MCA, (Regular & Self-Supporting) at Anna University by the Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai-25.
3. ME / MTech / MArch / MPlan GATE / Non-GATE / Sponsored (Full Time / Port Time) categories, by Secretary TANCET, Anna University, Chennai-25 under Single Window System.
1. MBA: Any Degree.
2. MCA: A pass in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10+2 school level (or) at the Degree level.
3. ME / MTech / MArch / MPlan
The details of the eligibility conditions and other information's are available in the Information Booklet and also in website www.annauniv.edu/tancet2006 .
Those who are appearing for final year / semester examination in April / May 2006 may also apply for TANCET 2006.
The application common for all the three examinations. Candidates have to submit only one application form. The cost of application form for any one programme is Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates). If, the candidates is desirous to attend more than one Entrance Test, for every additional programme, he/she has to enclose an additional Demand Draft for Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates) along with the filled application form.
Common Entrance Test application forms can be obtained 1) in Person (or) 2) form the website (or) 3) by Post.
1. IN PERSON
Application forms can be had IN PERSON on payment of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates0 by Demand Draft from the following centres:
1. Chennai: Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai-25.
2. Coimbatore: Government College of Technology, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore-13.
3. Madurai: Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Thiruparankundram, Madurai-15.
4. Salem: Government College of Engineering, Salem-11.
5. Trichy: National Institute of Technology (formerly REC), Tiruchirappali-15.
6. Tirunelveli: Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli-7.
2. BY DOWNLOADING FROM THE WEBSITE
The application from can be had form the website www.annauniv.edu/tancet2006. The form can be printed after filling the required details and the same may be sent to this office along with the Demand Draft for registration. The registration fee is Rs. 300 (150.- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates) per programme. Forms received without the registration fee will be rejected.
3. BY POST
By sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 330/- and Rs. 190/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates (which include postal charges) along with requisition letter and a self-addressed slip to the Secretary, TANCET, Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai-15 for sending the applications.
The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of The Director, Entrance Examination, Anna University, payable at Chennai obtained from any Nationalised bank on or after 26-03-2006.
MBA - 27-5-2006 (Saturday) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
MCA - 27-5-2006 (Saturday) 02.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
ME / MTech / MArch / MPlan - 28-05-2006 (Sunday) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
i) Commencement of issue of Application form in Person / by post / through website: 29-03-2006
ii) Last date for issue of Application form in person (other than Chennai city), by post from Examination Centre and from the Website : 26-04-2006
iii) Last date for issue of Application form at Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai: 29-04-2006
iv) Last date for Submission of filled in application in person / by post: 29-04-2006
The completed application forms should reach The Secretary, TANCET 2006, Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai 600 025 on before 29-04-206 at 5.30 p.m.
The Hindu dated March 26, 2006.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: IGNOU MCA Course Eligibility Criteria