Need help about a course?
|Home / Exams Information / Tamil Nadu / TANCET / TANCET 2008|
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET 2008)
|Ask a question|
Print this page
FOR M.B.A., M.C.A., & M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Advertisement No.154/ EA4 /TANCET/2008
Applications are invited for the TANCET 2008 to be conducted by Anna University Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu on 17th & 18th May 2008, from candidates who seek admission to 1. M.B.A., 2. M.C.A., and 3. M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes in Tamil Nadu for the year 2008 - 2009 offered at University Departments of Anna University Chennai, Anna University Coimbatore, Anna University Trichy, Anna University, Tirunelveli, Govt. Engineering, Arts and Science Colleges, Govt. Aided Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges, and Govt. Quota seats in self-financing Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges / standalone Institutions. Some Universities and Self-Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the students on the basis of TANCET for their quota of seats.
Other State candidates can appear for the entrance tests but, admission is subject to the eligibility conditions of the admitting authority / University.
1. MBA: A pass in any Degree with 10 + 2 + 3/4 years pattern or a pass in any Degree with 10 + 3 (Diploma) + 3 years pattern.
2. MCA: A pass in any degree with 10 + 2 + 3/4 years pattern with Mathematics at + 2 level or Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at the degree level or a pass in 10 + 3 (Diploma) + 3 years pattern with Mathematics at Diploma level or Mathematics / Statistics as one of the subjects at the degree level.
3. M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan.: Details of the eligibility conditions are available in the website: www.annauniv.edu/tancet2008 Those who are appearing for final year / semester examination of the above qualifying degree in April / May 2008 can also apply for TANCET 2008.
Registration of Application and Issue of Hall Ticket through Online:
Hall Ticket will be issued to the candidates who come in person to the following Co-ordinating Centres with cash or D.D. for the required amount towards Examination fee and a copy of 10th Std. Mark Sheet.
1. Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai
2. Govt College of Technology, Coimbatore
3. Thiagarajar College of Engg, Madurai
4. Govt College of Engg, Salem
5. Bishop Heber College, Trichy
6. Govt. College of Engg, Tirunelveli and
7. Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore.
Issue of Application Form:
Candidates can also obtain the Application form for TANCET either 1) in Person (or) 2) by Post (or) 3) by Internet Registration.
Application Form is common for all the three entrance tests. Candidates have to submit only one application form. The candidates have to pay a fee of Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for Tamil Nadu SC / ST Candidates on production of a copy of Community Certificate) for getting an application form which will be the Examination Fee for any one of the Programmes either (1) M.B.A. or (2) M.C.A. or (3) M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan.
If the candidate desires to attend more than one Entrance Test, for every additional programme, he / she has to enclose an additional DD for Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for Tamil Nadu SC / ST Candidates) along with the filled in application form.
(1) IN PERSON: Application forms can be had IN PERSON on payment of Rs.300/- by cash or D.D. (Rs.150/- for Tamil Nadu SC / ST Candidates on production of a copy of Community Certificate) from the Co-ordinating Centres listed above and at the selected branches of the State Bank of India* as given below:
(2) BY POST: By sending a Demand Draft for Rs.350/- (Rs.200/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates with a copy of Community Certificate) along with a self-addressed slip and a requisition letter to the Secretary, TANCET, Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai, Chennai 600 025.
(3) BY INTERNET REGISTRATION: The Candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tancet2008. After entering the required information in the application form, press the submit button, then take a printout, affix a photograph and affix the signature at the appropriate spaces provided. The printout application form along with the examination fee in the form of a D.D only (Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates have to enclose a copy of the community certificate also) should be sent by speed/registered post to the address given below. The Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University Chennai, payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalized bank on or after 16.03.2008.
Date and Time of Entrance Tests:
M.B.A - 17.5.2008 (Saturday) - 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
M.C.A - 17.5.2008 (Saturday) - 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. - 18.5.2008 (Sunday) - 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
Examination Centres: 1.Chennai, 2.Coimbatore, 3.Madurai, 4.Salem, 5.Trichy, 6.Tirunelveli, 7.Vellore
i) Commencement of Online / Internet Registration and issue of Application form in Person: 17.03.2008
ii) Last date for Online / Internet Registration and Issue of Application at Co-ordinating Centres, Bank Counters and by post (other than Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai): 04.04.2008
iii) Last date for Online Registration, issue and submission of application Form at Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai, Chennai 25: 08.04.2008
The completed application forms should reach The Secretary, TANCET, Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai, Chennai 600 025 on or before 08.04.2008, by 5.30 p.m. The Applications received after the due date and time will not be considered at any cost.
* TANCET -2008 Applications are also available from the following Branches of State Bank of India
Chennai - Extn. Counter at Examination Centre, Anna University ; Coonoor - 3, KNM Compound, Opp. Rly Station ; Cuddalore OT - 1, Rope St. ; Dindigul - 1, Salai Road ; Erode - 48, State Bank Road ; Kancheeuram - 23, Gandhiji Road ; Karur - 13-16 Bye Pass Road ; Nagercoil - 14-B, Distillery Road ; Palayamkottai - Palayamkottai Branch ; Ramanathapuram - Salai Street, Sivagangai - Justice Rajasekaran Salai ; Sivakasi - 11, Velayutham Road ; Thanjavur - Raja Mirasdar Hospital Road ; Thiruvarur - Panagal Road ; Thiruvannamalai - 34, Kosa Mada Street; Thuthukudi - 306, Beach Road ; Virudhunagar - 282, Madurai Road; Dharmapuri - Bye-pass Road ; Krishnagiri - 43, Krishnappa Layout ; Mayiladuthurai - Abhayambikapuram; Namakkal - No.2, Dr.Sankaran Road ; Perambalur - Trichy Main Road ; Theni - 285, Periyakulam Road ; Thiruvallur - 5, Jawaharlal Nehru Road ; Villupuram - Rahman Complex, Kanniyakulam Road
For details visit our website: www.annauniv.edu/tancet2008
Examination Timetables and Schedules are subjected to change and are to be taken for indicative purpose only. Students are advised to contact with the University for the exact and latest examination information.
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: IGNOU MCA Course Eligibility Criteria