Need help about a course?
|Home / College & Universities / Andhra Pradesh / JNTU Hyderabad / Notifications & Announcements / 2008|
Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination 2008
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Entrance Examination on Friday the18 May, 2008
On behalf of the participating Universities, the Jawaharlal Nehru University will hold Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination on Friday the18 May, 2008, for admission to:
1. MSc (Biotechnology);
2. MSc Agri/ MVSc (Biotechnology) and
3. MTech (Biotechnology)
Programmes being offered by various participating Universities (as per details given against each). The entrance examination will be held at: Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guawahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Secunderabad Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Kohima, Koikata, Luck now, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Pantnagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. (The University reserves the right to change any Centre (s) of Examination without assigning any reason).
Last date: 17.03.2008
Exam date: 18.05.2008
Eligibility: Candidates with Bachelor's degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary & Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-Years B.S. (Physician Assistant Course); OR Medicine (MBBS) OR BDS with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for M.Sc. (Biotechnology) programme being offered by:
1) University of Allahabad, Allahabad;
2) Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu;
3) Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi;
4) University of Burdwan, Golapbag;
5) Calicut University, Kerala;
6) Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore;
7) Goa University, Goa;
8) Gulbarga University, Gulbarga;
9) Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar;
10) Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar;
11) Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla;
12) HNB Garhwal University Garhwal;
13) University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad;
14) University of Jammu, Jammu;
15) Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi,
16) Kumaun University, Nainital;
17) University of Lucknow, Lucknow;
18) M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara;
19) Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai;
20) University of Mysore, Mysore;
21) University of North Bengal, Siliguri;
22) Pondicherry University, Pondicherry;
23) University of Pune, Pune;
24). Punjab University, Patiala;
25) R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur;
26) Sardar Patel University, Gujarat;
27) Tezpur University, Tezpur (Assam);
28) Thapar University Patiala;
29) Utkal University, Bhubaneswar and
30) Visva-Bharati university; Santniketan.
Eligibility: Candidates with Bachelor's degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in the concerned subjects shown hereunder against each university are eligible to apply:
(1) for Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar: Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H.) recognized by Veterinary Council of India.
(2) For Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur: Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
(3) for G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar: Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry.
(4) For Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur: Agriculture, Veterinary, Dairy-Technology, Horticulture or Forestry.
(5) For Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur: Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) recognized by Veterinary Council of India.
(6) For Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur: Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
(7) For Marathwada Agriculture University, Parbhani (Maharashtra): Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
(8) For Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar: Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
(9) for Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or B. Tech (Biotech), B. Tech (Horticulture).
(10) for University of Agricultural Sciences, Q.K.V.K., and Bangalore: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Sericulture. (11) for University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad: Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
Eligibility: Minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade in anyone: B.Tech /B.E. in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, B. Pharma, Chemical Technology, OR M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Life Sciences Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics. (Also B.Tech/B.E in Electrochemistry, Bioengineering and M.Sc. in Chemistry & Physics in case of Anna University and M.Sc. in Bioengineering in case of West Bengal University of Technology)
IMP NOTE: (for candidates of all categories) Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examinations in 2006 or thereafter (including those who are appearing in 2008) are eligible to apply. In other words, those who have passed the qualifying examination PRIOR TO 2006 are NOT eligible to. apply for taking admission to any of the courses., (1) M.Sc. (Biotechnology); (2) M.Sc.Agri./ M.V.Sc (Biotechnology) and (3) M.Tech (Biotechnology), for 2008-09 sessions.
RESERVATION/CONCESSION: Reservation: 15%, 7J4% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for SC, ST and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) (PH) candidates respectively. All the SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination.
Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri Migrant candidate in the entrance examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit along with other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate's Kashmiri Migrant status.
TUITION FEE/SCHOLARSHIP: Fee shall be charged from the admitted candidates as per the fee structure of concerned University. Candidates selected for admission to those of the participating Universities, which are supported by the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India), are generally eligible for scholarship at the rates prescribed by the Dept. of Biotechnology. Candidates may please note that the M.Sc. Biotechnology programme being offered at Punjabi University, Patiala and Thapar University, Patiala, is currently not being financially supported by the Department of Biotechnology. Therefore, the award of scholarships, if any, shall be governed by the rules prevailing in these Universities. Students admitted to Gulbarga University will not get any scholarship.
In Person : Application form along with brochure can be obtained personally on cash payment of Rs.120/- per set from any of the participating University as shown above. By Post: Those willing to get the Application Form by post should send their request only to the Deputy Registrar (CEEB), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, along with a valid bank draft of Rs.180/-(for one set of application form). The bank draft should be payable to "Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi". The request should accompany a self-addressed unstamped envelope of the size of 28x20 cms. indicating clearly Request for Application form for: (i) "M.Sc. Biotechnology" OR (ii) "M.Sc.(Agri.)/M.V.Sc. Biotechnology" OR (iii) "M.Tech. Biotechnology".
Issue of Application Form: 01 February, 2008
Last date for Issue of Application Forms:
i) By Post: 07 March, 2008
ii) By Cash: 17 March, 2008
Last Date for Submission of Completed Forms: 17 March, 2008
(i) There are different sets of Application Forms for each programme and, therefore, candidates are advised to apply separately in case they wish to apply for more than one programme i.e. (I) For M.Sc. Biotechnology OR (2) For M.Sc.(Agri.)/M.V.Sc. Biotechnology OR (3) For M.Tech. Biotechnology Programme, (ii) COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE SUBMITTED PERSONALLY OR SHOULD BE SENT BY REGISTERED POST/SPEED POST ONLY TO THE DEPUT REGISTRAR (CEEB), JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI-110067 AND NOT TO ANY OTHER PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITY.
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) ,Hyderabad
Kukatpally -Hyderabad -500072 -Andhra Pradesh
Phone-No: +91-040-2315 8661 to 2315 8664 Fax: 040-23156112/23156184
Email: [email protected], [email protected] Website: www.jntu.ac.in
Notifications on this page are selective and partial. Please visit the Official Website of the University or contact the University directly for a complete list of Notifications, News, Circulars and other official releases from the University. Some topics on this page could be News items collected from the press. Such topics should not be confused with the official notifications or circulars released by the University.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad MCA Admission Notification 2012