Need help about a course?
|Home / College & Universities / Karnataka / Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences / Notifications & Announcements / 2012|
Schedule of Admissions to Mahire Tib MD (Unani) & Mahire Jarahat MS (Unani) Courses Session 2012-13
|Ask a question|
Print this page
National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore - Affiliated to RGUHS
Date of Notification - 28th August 2012 (Tuesday)
Downloading of Challan form and Online submission of Application Forms - 28th August 2012 (Tuesday)
Last Date for Submission of Filled in Application Forms through Online - 15th September 2012 (Saturday)
Last date for Submission of Hard Copy of Application Form (Print of Online Application form) along with attested copies of enclosures and Original copy of Bank Challan - 17th September 2012 (Monday)
Downloading of Hall tickets through Online 22nd September 2012 and Onwards Entrance Test - 23rd September 2012 (Sunday)
Declaration of Result / Merit list - 26th September 2012 (Wednesday)
Date of Counselling - 29th September 2012 (Saturday)
Admission from I list - 29th September 2012 (Saturday)
Commencement of Classes - 3rd October 2012 (Wednesday)
In case a candidate does not join the course up to 03rd October 2012 his/her seat will be declared vacant and will be offered to other candidates from the waiting (merit) list.
Display of Subsequent List (if necessary) - 5th October 2012 (Friday)
Last date of admission from subsequent list - 10th October 2012 (Wednesday)
Closure of admission - 16th October 2012 (Tuesday)
1. Name of the Course:
Mahire Tib/Mahire Jarahat* – M.D./M.S (Unani) in the following subjects.
Subjects No. of seats (Provisional)
(i) Moalajat (Medicine) - 08
(ii) Ilmul Advia (Pharmacology) - 07
(iii) Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib (PSM) - 04
(iv) Ilmul Qabalat wa Amraze Niswan (OBG) - 04
(v) Ilmul Saidla (Unani Pharmacy) - 04
(vi) Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya - 04
2. Duration of the Course: 3 years
3. Minimum Qualification: A Candidate must have obtained the Kamile Tib o Jarahat (BUMS) degree or any other degree in Unani Medicine as recognized by CCIM and must have completed the 06 months/12 months internship/house job as the case may be, on or before 15th September 2012 i.e. the last date for applying for MD(Unani) through Online. The right of admission of any candidate, who has not completed the internship by 15th September 2012, stands automatically cancelled and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
(i) Presently two seats are reserved for Foreign National Students (One for BIMSTEC Countries and the other for other countries). The students nominated by Central Government under this Category will be admitted directly, on the recommendation of ICCR, New Delhi. They will not be required to appear in the Entrance Test. Seats for foreign students are subsumed in the total No. of seats.
(ii) Four seats are reserved under Government of India (GOI) Nomination category, one each in Moalajat, Ilmul Advia, Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib & Ilmul Qabala wa Amraze Niswan. Under this category the Teachers/Medical Officers working in any Govt. organisation, nominated by Govt. of India, will be admitted directly in NIUM. They will not be required to appear in the Entrance Test.
No application will be entertained by NIUM for nomination under this category.
(iii) The seats remaining vacant if any, under GOI nomination category due to non-availability of Teachers/Medical Officers (In-service), nominated by Govt. of India, will be filled up by the candidates who belong to the deficient states. However, such candidates will have to appear in the Entrance Test and obtain the minimum qualifying marks to be eligible for admissions in this category. The candidates belonging to deficient states** will be admitted subject to availability of the seats under this category only, and from the merit list of the Entrance test, prepared separately for this category. The applications of such candidates should also be forwarded by the concerned state government.
(iv) Besides the above categories, reservations will be given to SC, ST, Physically handicapped, OBC (not belonging to creamy layer), and to any other category, as per the guidelines of Govt. of India issued from time to time.
(v) In case of non-availability of the eligible candidates in any of the above reservation categories, the vacant seats will be filled up from the General Merit list, prepared on the basis of the performance in Entrance Test.
(vi) The candidate/s is having right to choose only one category for reservation.
(vii) The candidates are required to see the website of the Institute for any further notification and modifications in this regard.
** Deficient States: The states where P.G Education facility is not available in the particular discipline.
5. Entrance Test:
Entrance Test will be conducted at National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore. The Test will be held on Sunday, the 23rd September 2012. The candidates are directed to report to the exam centre at 10:00 AM but not later than 10:30 AM. The schedule of the test is 11:00 AM to 12:40 PM. The medium of examination will be in English only. The candidates should indicate their choice of answer by Black / Blue Ball Pen only.
6. Marks of Entrance Test: The Entrance Test paper shall be of 100 marks containing objective type questions covering all the subjects of BUMS Course. Each question will carry one mark. The duration of the paper will be 100 minutes.
Students will have to select the best answer out of four plausible alternatives. One mark will be given for each correct answer. If more than one alternative is marked for a question/overwriting/ambigously marking will be considered as invalid.
There will be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
Any discrepancy about the question given in the question booklet may be brought to the notice of the Chief Superintendent, Entrance test centre with authentic reference (name of the author of the book edition, volume etc) within an hour from the completion of the examination failure to which the same will not be entertained.
7. Determination of Merit: Candidates belonging to General Category should obtain 50% of marks in the entrance test. However, 10% concession will be given to the candidates belonging to SC, ST & OBC (below creamy layer). Hence for SC, ST & OBC (below creamy layer) obtaining a minimum of 45% marks in the Entrance Test is essential to become eligible for counselling. Securing mere eligibility marks does not guarantee admission, which will be according to the merit list of the Entrance Test.
8. Admission Procedure:
(i) The Admission Committee shall scrutinise all the application forms
(ii) The eligible candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit, subject to availability of seats.
(iii) In case more than one candidate securing equal marks in the Entrance Test then the following criteria will be followed to decide seniority amongst them:
1. Number of attempts taken by the candidate in UG examination (Ascending)
2. If it is also same then the total percentage secured by the candidate in final Prof/V & IV year (Descending)
3. If it is also same then the total percentage secured by the candidate in II Prof/III year then I Prof/I year (Descending)
(iv) The vacancies arising out of non-joining of the candidate shall be filled on the basis of merit/waiting list within the stipulated date. Such candidates should join the Institute by the stipulated date only as mentioned in schedule of admission.
09. Declaration of Results / Merit list: Result/ Merit list will be notified within three days of the test as notified in the schedule of admission.
10. Application for Admission: Candidate/s has/have to apply for admission only through Online. Application not received through Online shall not be entertained. For further information candidate/s may visit the institute’s website www.nium.in or nium.ygentechnology.com
For further details/information about the Entrance test candidates may log on to institute website www.nium.in before applying through online.
After applying through Online, candidate/s has/have to forward hard copy of application form (Printout taken along with attested copies of enclosures and bank challan in original to this institute addressing Convener, PGET Entrance Test Cell, National Institute of Unani Medicine, Kottigepalya, Magadi Main Road, Bangalore-560 091, on or before 17th September 2012 as already intimated in the schedule of admission. for considering the eligibility of candidate.
The envelope containing the Application Form should be super scribed “Application for P.G.E.T. (Unani)”.
11. List of Enclosures:
(i) Printed online application form duly filled in all respect
(ii) Challan receipt for payment of fees (Attested true copies of the following documents must be enclosed along with the Application Form. The originals of these shall be produced for verification at the time of admission)
(iii) High school /Secondary or equivalent examination certificate for proof of Date of birth
(iv) Marks sheet of all examinations from first to final year/ proof of degree relating to the qualifying examination.
(v) Certificate of 06 months / 12 months compulsory internship/house job after passing the final examination as per eligibility requirements.
(vi) Caste certificate in the prescribed format issued by the competent Authority (In case of SC/ST candidates).
In case of OBC Candidates Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format of Govt. of India mentioning clearly that the candidate does not belongs to Creamy layer.
(vii) Candidates with whole body physical disability ranging above 40% should produce a medical certificate issued by the Chairman State Disability board or any equivalent authority in the field of concerned disability along with the application form for the entrance test. Candidates suffering from hearing disability should compulsorily obtain and produce a BSER (Brain Stem Evoked Response) Audiometry Report from NIMHANS/Manipal Hospital /Government Speech and Hearing Institute, Lingarajpuram, Bangalore or from any other hospital, recognized by the National Disability Board. At the time of counselling, the candidates are required to produce their original medical certificates before a Committee comprising of the Director, NIUM, as Chairman and one of the specialists from the department of Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology and ENT as the case may be. Persons with the disability shall have the same meaning assigned to it in the “Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection and Rights and Participation) Act 1995 (Central Act 1/1995). The candidates with disability less than 40% will not be eligible for claiming a seat under Physically Disabled Category.
Note: The Physically Disabled candidates who fail to appear before the committee on the day fixed for medical examination will not be eligible for selection of a seat under Physically Disabled quota.
(viii) Two-recent passport size photographs of the candidate along with the Application Form.
(ix) Registration Certificate
12. Entrance Test Fee: The candidate has to strictly follow the instructions given below for payment of Entrance Examination Fees.
1. Entrance Test Fees payment has to be made through Challan System (Form 1) in State Bank of India Branch only.
2. The Challan can be downloaded from the website www.nium.in or nium.ygentechnology.com
3. The receipt of the Challan in original for payment of requisite fees duly signed and sealed by the SBI Branch has to be attached along with the application form compulsorily.
4. In case of non attachment of the challan receipt against the payment of fee, the application shall be summarily rejected.
5. The details of fees to be paid inclusive of Bank charges are as under:
• General `1525/- (i.e. `1500/- towards fee and ` 25/- towards bank charges)
• OBC `1525/-(i.e. `1500/- towards fee and ` 25/- towards bank charges)
• GOI Nominee/In-Service ` 1525/- (i.e. `1500/- towards fee and `25/- towards bank charges)
• SC / ST Category ` 725/- (i.e. `700/- towards fee and ` 25/- towards bank charges)
• PWD Category ` 725/- (i.e. ` 700/- towards fee and ` 25/- towards bank charges)
13. General Instructions for Filling the Application Form:
(i) The Candidates shall go through the instructions and other details of admission carefully before filling the application form Online.
(ii) It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that the hard copy of the Online Application form reaches the Institute on or before the date as mentioned in the schedule of admission.
(iii) Candidate should clearly mention the category (General, SC, ST, OBC, PWD, GOI, etc.) under which they seek admission in the column provided in the Online Application Form.
(iv) Candidates are advised to send the filled in printed Online Application form on or before the date i.e. 17th September 2012 as mentioned in the schedule of admission. The application forms received without the necessary enclosures and bank challan in original shall not be entertained.
(v) The right of admission of any candidate, who has not completed the internship by 15th September 2012, stands cancelled automatically.
14. Other Instructions to candidates:
• The candidates shall be present at the centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
• Only the candidates who possess the downloaded Hall Ticket shall be allowed to appear for the Entrance Test. In case of loss of Hall Ticket, the candidates should contact the Chief Superintendent of the centre one hour earlier for issue of duplicate Hall Ticket on payment of ` 50/-
• No Candidate shall follow unfair means in the examination like copying from other candidates answer scripts showing the answer to other candidate, providing any sort of assistance etc.
• No candidate will be permitted to the examination hall after commencement of the Entrance Test.
• No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of the first thirty minutes. Candidates leaving the hall prior to the end of the Entrance Test will have to hand over the question paper and OMR sheet to room invigilator and can collect the question paper and carbon copy of OMR sheet at the end of the test.
• No candidate should leave the room without handing over his / her OMR sheet to the Invigilator.
• Candidate should sign the attendance sheet as per the instructions of the invigilator
• Candidate should indicate their choice of answer by black / blue ball pen only.
• Question paper will consist of objective type of questions, each having one most appropriate answer out of four plausible alternatives. Each question carries one mark for the correct answer. Answer booklet will be of OMR type.
• Silence must be observed in the examination hall. Any candidate found guilty of disorderly or improper conduct will be liable for expulsion from the examination hall and will be debarred from the Entrance test by the Chief Superintendent of the centre.
• Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic gadgets like Pager, Cell Phone, Blue tooth etc., into the examination hall.
• Candidates defacing the OMR sheet or erasing the marked oval by eraser/blade/any sharp object are liable to be disqualified.
• If more than one alternative is marked in the OMR Sheet, the answer will be considered invalid.
• The OMRr sheet will be evaluated by using imaging technology. Hence even an inadvertent, tiny drop/mark of pen/ink on the other oval makes the answer will be treated as invalid.
• Read the instructions given in the OMR sheet before marking the answer.
• Candidates will have to make their own arrangement for stay in Bangalore during the time of test and no accommodation will be provided by the institute.
• The Entrance Test fee and the Admission Fee are neither refundable nor transferable.
• Admission will be granted to the candidates subject to declaring medically fit.
• The competent authority reserves the right to accept/reject any Application Form or to amend any rules and regulations or cancel any admission without assigning any reason there of.
• No transfer of admission will be allowed from any other college in MD/MS (Unani) Course.
• The original documents of admitted candidates will remain with Institute till completion of duration of the Course.
• All disputes are subject to Bangalore jurisdiction only.
15. Specific Instructions for In-Service Candidates:
(i) In-service candidates seeking admission against the seats reserved for the said category must submit their candidature in original Application Form along with NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE duly forwarded by the Employer/ Directorate concerned up to the last date of submission of Application Forms. Otherwise their candidature will not be considered under the Inservice category and they will be considered under General Category only.
(ii) The In-service candidates found eligible in the Entrance Test against the reserved seats are required to produce relieving orders from the Employer/Directorate concerned at the time of joining. Their joining will be accepted on production of relieving orders from the concerned department within the specified period as notified. Otherwise their admissions will stand cancelled and the vacant seats will be allotted to the waiting list candidates.
16. Married students who intend to stay with their family should make their own arrangement Outside the campus. NIUM does not provide family hostel accommodation facility.
Notifications on this page are selective and partial. Please visit the Official Website of the University or contact the University directly for a complete list of Notifications, News, Circulars and other official releases from the University. Some topics on this page could be News items collected from the press. Such topics should not be confused with the official notifications or circulars released by the University.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences MCA Admission Notification 2012