Need help about a course?
|Home / College and Universities / Punjab / Lovely Professional University / Notifications & Announcements / 2009|
National Engineering Aptitude Test 2009
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Entrance Test for admission into BTech (Honours), BTech (Honours)-MBA, BTech (Honours)-MTech programmes being offered at LPU
National Engineering Aptitude Test (NEAT) 2009 is an aptitude test for admission to B. Tech (Honours), B. Tech (Honours)-MBA, B. Tech (Honours)-M.Tech programmes being offered at LPU.
1. The examination would be of three hours duration.
2. The examination would be conducted online at designated test centres.
3. The language of the question paper will be English only.
4. (a) Questions would be multiple choice questions, with four options having a single correct answer
(b) There would be no negative marks for a wrong answer.
5. (a) Students of 10+2 Non-medical will appear for test under Group-A as shown in table below. The Group A students will be eligible for all offered engineering streams including Biotechnology.
(b) Students of 10+2 Medical will appear for test under Group-B as shown in table below. The Group-B students will be eligible for admission to biotechnology stream only.
For All Streams Including Biotechnology
Pass in 10+2 or equivalent or relevant higher qualification (with Physics, Maths and English as compulsory subjects and any one of the following - Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer science/ Biotech) with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Only for Biotechnology:
Pass 10+2 or equivalent or relevant higher qualification (with Physics, Chemistry and English as a compulsory subjects and any one of the following - Biology or Mathematics with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
No Separate preparation/ coaching is required for NEAT-2009 as this is a test for understanding of subjects being learnt in 10+1 & 10+2. The questions for the Examination shall be based on the common minimum syllabus of Central/State boards.
University is providing free mock test at its website www.lpu.in/neat2009/mock from 10th April 2009 onwards.
The fee of NEAT-2009 is Rs. 450/- (non- refundable)
NEAT-2009 will be conducted on the following dates as per the schedule given below:
Dates of Examination - Session - Timings - Duration - Reporting Time
3 May, 2009 to 10 May, 2009 - Session 1: 1030-1330 Hours - 3 Hours- 1000 Hour
Session 2- 1400-1700 Hours - 3 Hours - 1330Hour
For those unable to appear in NEAT-2009 on the scheduled date of the examination for any reason, including loss of application form/hall ticket in transit, no re-examination shall be held under any circumstances. The schedule will remain unaltered even if the date on which the examination is scheduled is declared as a public holiday.
1. Availability of Prospectus & Application Form (in print & online) 1st Feb 2009 onwards
2. Last date of dispatch of Application Form by applicant 28th Feb. 2009 (should reach by 10th march)
3. Dispatch of Hall Ticket (offline) or Download of Hall Ticket (Online) 10th April onwards
4. Date of Examination 3rd May 2009-10th May 2009
Session 1: 1030 hours to 1330 hours (reporting time at center: 1000 hours)
Session 2: 1400 hours to 1700 hours (reporting time at center: 1330 hours)
5. Declaration of Result / Dispatch of Score Card 15th May 2009 onwards
6. Re-confimation of preference for streams/programmes on or before 25th May 2009
7. Display of merit 31st May 2009
8. Payment of Fee on or before 10th June 2009
An e-Hall Ticket will be available for download as per the schedule.
The printed Hall Ticket shall also be sent by UPC to the applicant (including those who applied online). However, LPU will not be responsible for any consequences that may arise due to the loss of Hall Ticket in transit. It will be the responsibility of the applicant to download the Hall Ticket from the website in case he/she is not in receipt of the Hall Ticket by 30th April 2009.
Applicants are required to bring the hall ticket at the time of examination. No student will be allowed to appear without the valid hall ticket.
At the center before taking test the guidelines on how to take online test will be provided by invigilator before commencement of test.
For any enquiry write to us at [email protected] or Call us at: 0181-5055555
For any further details please logon to the website: www.lpu.in/lpuneat2009
Notifications on this page are selective and partial. Please visit the Official Website of the University or contact the University directly for a complete list of Notifications, News, Circulars and other official releases from the University. Some topics on this page could be News items collected from the press. Such topics should not be confused with the official notifications or circulars released by the University.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Lovely Professional University MCA Admission Notification 2012