Need help about a course?
Home / Exams Information / Tamil Nadu /
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Tamil Nadu professional Courses Entrance Examination (TNPCEE) 2006 will be conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu on 18th and 19th May 2006 as noted below for candidates who seek admission to all Professional Courses in Tamil Nadu, during 2006-2007 offered by Government, Government Aided Institutions under the control of 1) Anna University, 2) Directorate of Technical Education, 3) Directorate of Agricultural University, 6) Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, 8) Seats voluntarily surrendered by the management of affiliated self-financing college in Tamil Nadu, with have opted to admit students based on TNPCEE 2006.
Those who have already passed HSC or equivalent qualifying examination and those who have appeared for such qualifying examination during March 2006 can apply for these entrance examinations.
The details of courses offered in Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, Veterinary and Animal Sciences by the admitting authorities are given in the "Information Booklet" available in the Anna University website and printed copies of information booklets are also available for Rs. 10/- (by cash) at all online registration centres. The required eligibility conditions and other details will be available in the admission application forms issued by the respective admitting authorities at a later date.
All the Candidates seeking admission to the above mentions professional courses should i) Appear for TNPCEE 2006 and ii) apply to the respective admitting authorities for admission when called for.
Entrance Examinations will be conducted, based only on the syllabi prescribed for the second year of the Tamil Nadu State Board of Higher Secondary Courses in the concerned subject.
These entrance examinations are application to candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu and those who satisfy the nativity / domicile requirements specified for admission to the professional courses by the respective admitting authorities
Other state candidates who seek admission for BE / BTech courses
(a) in the constituent institutions of Anna University against the seats reserved for other state candidates and
(b) under Management Quota in self financing engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu which have opted to admit students based on TNPCEE 2006 should also appear for TNCPEE 2006.
Candidates are advised to look for separate advertisement to be released by the respective admitting authorities and file applications for admission accordingly. This advertisement gives only the details pertaining to the Entrance Examinations for admission to Professional Courses for the academic year 2006-2007.
Procedure for Registration of Application of TNPCEE-2006
Candidates desirous of appearing for the entrance examinations have to register their application through one of the following three modes.
1. Through online Registration
2. Postal (by applying in the prescribed format)
Online registration centre in an examination city/zone is for registering candidates who desire to write the examinations in that examination city/zone only. However, candidates who prefer to write the examinations in any other examination city/zone has to apply by Postal / internet mode. In respect of zones, candidates will be allotted any one of the colleges coming under that zone only. Candidate can register for any the zones of Chennai city at the Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University.
1. Through Online Registration Centres
The entire process of filing applications by candidates and issue of hall tickets immediately will be done through the identified online application registration centres. The procedure to followed by the candidate for online registration is (a) Get a passport size photograph (b) get a Photocopy of HSC Hall Ticket (or) any proof for name verification (c) a DD towards examination fee (refer Table - 1 given below (d) go to the online application registration centre in the city or zones in the city where the candidate desires to write the examinations (e) fill up the application form available at the registration centres or in the information booklet and submit it at the online registration centre (f) Your Photograph will be taken using digital camera (g) your application details will be entered in the computer (h) the Hall-Ticket will be printed and given to you at the same centre. The addresses of the online application registration centres are given below. In case the candidates is unable to appear for online registration, any person authorized by the candidate can submit all the items mentioned above along with filled application form, with signatures of the candidate (columns provided in the application) and affixing two recently taken passport size photographs of the candidate on the space provided in the application form (one photo should be attested) and submit it to the online registration centre for getting the hall ticket.
2. Application by Post
Candidates who desires to apply through postal mode, have to fill in the application format given below (format is also available in the information Booklet (Annexure 3) and in Anna University Website: www.annauniv.edu/tnpcee2006) affix two recent passport size photographs in the space provided (one should be attested) and signature at the appropriate space. The completed application should be sent to Anna University along with the Demand Draft (refer Table given for details of examination fee) and a self addressed, stamped (Rs.5/-) envelope (of size 11 cm X 26 cm) for sending the hail ticket by post. For receiving the hail ticket by speed post affix required stamps.
Postal Applications duly filled by the candidate should reach The Secretary, TNPCEE 2006, Anna University, Chennai -600025 on or before 2.5.2006, Please write the name of the examination city where the candidate desires to write the examinations and HSC registration number and year on the top left corner of the postal cover. Other State candidates, should also write "Other State" on the left top corner of the postal cover.
Candidates residing outside of Tamil Nadu (or) those who could not reach the online registration centre the application form can be had from the website www.annauniv.edu/tnpcee2006. The form can be printed after filling the required details, and then the procedure for postal mode is to be followed.
(1) The Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates desirous of obtaining the fee concession, should produce a certificate obtained from the head of the institution last studied (or) copy of SC/ST Community Certificate (or) copy of the Transfer Certificate of the candidate to the effect that the candidate belongs to SC/ST Community.
(2) Demand Draft for the required amount should be drawn in favour of The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University, payable at Chennai obtained from any Nationalised / Scheduled bank on or after 07-04-2006. The candidate instructed to write his/her name, +2 Registration Numbers and address on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
(3) Unused previous year question books, (Biology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics) subject to availability, can be had in person from the Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University payment of Rs. 10/- per book by cash and by post from the Secretary, TNPCEE, Anna University, Chennai -600 025 through Demand Draft for the amount (in addition to the cost of the book, the postal charges of Rs. 30/- upto 3 books should be added) in favour of the Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University payable at Chennai with a requisition letter and a self addressed slip.
(4) Filled applications received by post after the stipulated date will not be considered.
1. Commencement of Online Registration and Postal I Internet Registration of Applications: 12-04-2006
2. Last date for online Registration of Application and Internet: 28-04-2006
3. Last date for receipt of filled In Applications through post: 02-05-2006
The Hindu dated April 9, 2006.
The New Sunday Express dated April 9, 2006
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: IGNOU MCA Course Eligibility Criteria